At least, the structure itself is complete. We still have to finish the edging and add mulch.
This weekend we began assembly of the playground. We started by sorting all the parts.
Assembly started with the main structure, which includes six vertical posts and a number of connecting planks
Kyle is so excited about his new play set. He kept coming over during the day to see what we were doing, and near the end we couldn’t stop him from climbing around on it.
We started out the day with a delivery of 2-1/2 yards of garden mix soil.
Katra brought wheelbarrow loads to the back and began filling in the beds where they were still low. We never had a chance to fill in behind the new garden wall last year.
During lunch and later in the day, I began widening another bed over against the east fence. We decided to do this to make the bed blend more with the play center area, and because it was too narrow in parts.
Tonight I permanently installed the desk side walls and drawers, pre-fit the desk surface, installed the soffet framing over the desk, and installed the outlets and switches at the desk.
There is a switch at the front to control the desk lamp, and an unswitched outlet and network port at the back.
Next up is the laminate for the desk surface, the skin for the desk soffet, and the soffet above the window.